KIA motors India has finally unveiled the KIA Sonet on Friday during its World Premiere at the KIA Studio,in the live event hosted by famous actor cum auto enthusiast Angad Bedi.
- KIA Sonet will be manufactured in India at its Anantpur plant.
- Sonet is inspired by Indian architecture and ecology.
- Grille patterns are inspired by the Chand Baori stepwell of Rajasthan.
- Its Turbo-Petrol variant will feature a new 6-Speed iMT (intelligent Manual Transmission) like its cousin Hyundai Venue.
- Bookings are open now, before its presence in showrooms in September this year.
Kia has launched few vehicles which have been very successful in the last few years. Kia’s recent launch, Kia Seltos has been a great success in the Indian market that made Kia realize the importance of the Indian market and hence, a plant spread in 536 acres of land was developed.The Anantpur plant in Andhra Pradesh would be responsible for employing more than 20k people in India.Thus, they started building a new beast; KIA Sonet, that can take over the Indian roads. As now-a-days people of India have started moving away from the hatchback and are getting more into Compact Crossover SUV due to their beautiful designs and affordable price.Moreover, KIA has taken into account the taste of the Indian youth plus all the signs of India for its designs to woo the Indian buyer.Although, in images it looks somewhat like its senior; KIA Seltos but it do have improved features and more aggressive design.
KIA Sonet Exterior Design:
KIA has a very beautiful design & its Head of Global design, Mr Karim Habib had made sure that KIA Sonet features all the unique Indian elements. Front has an Indian national animal inspired; Tiger Nose Grille. This grille has a knurled and chrome-finished lower edge, and multi-segmented 3D inserts, which is inspired by famous step-well of Rajasthan; Chand Baori.
To make it look aggressive and bolder, Sonet is featuring with longer bonet, sharp front, black A-pillars to make hood look longer, voluminous space over the wheel arches. According to Mr Karim Habib, all these features actually resembles with the baby elephant.
Kia Sonet looks beautiful and muscular from front.The bumper houses fog lights and the large air intake area below has a silver finished garnish. Sides are much more simpler with no sharp design. Top and lower edges are black in color. It has 16 inch alloy wheels which are similar to previous designs. Rear bumper also has a silver-finish faux skid plate and faux twin exhaust trims. The LED tail lamps features the ‘heartbeat’ signature, and are connected by a reflector strip.
Though Sonet is not as spacious as its competitor in the section; XUV300 but still posses good amount of space. The boot is spacious enough to accommodate 350-liter of goods. Seats are very comfortable with ventilation features which keeps them cool. The large steering wheel with flat bottom feels nice in the hands of the driver. Sonet comes with a single digital speed readout with a small multi-info screen. There is a small analog needle that goes clockwise. It has a 10.25-inch touch screen and a 7-speaker Bose sound system. The dashboard, steering wheel, door pads and seats have a unique design. The plastic quality is good.
It also has a perfumed air purifier that is said to offer virus protection.This anti-virus purifier is first in the class for the Indian vehicles and in the times of the pandemic like COVID-19, it will definitely help out KIA’s customers.
Some Important Features:
- Ventilated front seats to keep them cool even in Summer.
- Six airbags for extra security.
- ABS with EBD.
- Hill assist control to help in uneven terrain.
- VSM – Vehicle Stability Management.
- Brake Assist.
- Anti Virus perfumed air purifier.
- Auto Climate Control System.
- Rear Parking Sensors for parking assistance.
- An electric sunroof.
- Auto headlamps.
- A tire-pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
- A remote control with remote engine start and AC pre-cooling feature.
- A 10.25-inch touch screen display for information and entertainment.
- Bose 7-speakers sound system for music and entertainment.
- Sound mood lamps to light up the interiors to the beat of the music to complement your mood.
- UVO App with smartwatch connectivity.
- Wireless charging for smartphones.
- 10.67 cm advance colour instrument cluster.
The all new KIA Sonet will come in two trims— GT Line & HT Line.
- GT Line will be offered in 3 Models— GTK, GTX & GTX+
- HT Line will be offered in 4 Models— HTE, HTK, HTX & HTX+
All new GT-line Variant :
To Assert the extra aggression and sportiness, the GT line variant is getting red highlights on front and rear bumper, red caliper on the wheels & a dash of red on the step-well inspired grille with a GT sign on it.Meanwhile, in the interior, GT line gets dash of red stitching on steering, gear handle cover and on leatherette sports seats.In addition to these Red accent all over, the shining pedals are made of alloy to bring in the sportiness.GT line comes in performance oriented 1.0L-Turbo Petrol Engine and in the punchy & powerful 1.5L-Turbo Diesel Engine.
- Smartstream G-1.2L Petrol — It produces 82 bhp & 115 Nm
- G-1.0L T-GDi (Turbocharged Gasoline Direct Injection) Petrol — It produces 119 bhp & 172 Nm
- D-1.5L CRDi Turbo-Diesel — It produces 99 bhp & 240 Nm.
To the diesel engine inclined customers, it is actually a happy news that KIA is offering both 6-Speed Automatic Transmission & 6-Speed Manual transmission in its Diesel variant.Where as, 1.0L T-GDi Petrol engine is offered in 3 transmissions options; 7-Speed DCT, 6-Speed iMT and 6-Speed Manual.The 1.2L Petrol engine is offered in 5-Speed Manual transmission.
KIA Sonet also offers most advance transmission in the sector , currently, the Intelligent Manual Transmission.Which will be offered in the 6-Speed 1.0L turbo Petrol Engine variant.This transmission removes the need of the clutch, still you can experience the control of the manual transmission.This feature is really effective for the customers who regularly face the traffic.
This compact SUV will be around ₹8 lakh. The on-road prices will reach as high as ₹13 lakh. Kia is offering a lot of power-train options which will affect the price according to the choice of the customer.
For More News And Updates,please Keep coming to http://onwaymechanic.in
If You Also Want To Write For Us,Drop Us A Mail On firstname.lastname@example.org.