By Gaurav Sengar,
- Because of SC ruling on BS 4 vehicle’ sales getting banned in India,many famous vehicles are saying goodbye forever.
- Regulation of BS 6 norms already have knocked down some two wheelers in India.
- BS 6 is introduced by skipping the BS 5 version and is directly introduced after BS 4 standard.
Since,we all know hon’ble Supreme court Had given a judgment on banning all the BS 4 compliant vehicle sales w.e.f 31st Mar 2020.Some vehicle companies have decided to discontinue their certain models as they are unable to cope up with the changes required to implement in their engines.
What is BS 6 emission standard ?
BS is the abbreviation used for Bharat Stage,which are actually inspired by the European Emission standards.’Central pollution control board’ have set the standards for the emissions,so that pollutants emitted by the combustion engines could be brought under a certain limit.This was mainly aimed at curbing pollution.
It produces 5 times less sulphur content than its predecessor ‘BS 4’.
Other changes are :
- Oxides of N2 produced because of combustion is brought by 70% for diesel engines and 25% for petrol engines.
- On board Diagnostics (OBD) is introduced.
- Real time tracking of emissions,which is known as ‘Real Driving Emission’.
- Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) and Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) are introduced in Diesel engines.
Here are some of them we have enlisted :
|S.no||Model name||Company name||Launch Date|
|1.||ThunderBird 500||Royal Enfield||Oct 2012|
|2.||Bullet 500||Royal Enfield||Dec 2011|
|3.||Classic 500||Royal Enfield||Sep 2012|
|4.||Hero Xtreme 200||Hero Moto corp.||Aug 2018|
|5.||Honda CBR 250R||Honda||Mar 2018|
|7.||Fazer 25||Yamaha||Aug 2017|
|8.||Saluto RX||Yamaha||Dec 2018|
|9.||Duke 790||KTM||Sep 2019|
|10.||Trial 350||Royal Enfield||Mar 2019|
For More News And Updates,please Keep coming to http://onwaymechanic.in
If You Also Want To Write For Us,Drop Us A Mail On email@example.com